Giving Students Skills, Support, and Choices for the Future.
PACTEC supports high schools in our region by providing strong Career and Technical Education options. We work to inspire greatness in each individual student, growing their capabilities, and offering them options for a successful future.
"Probably no one teaches the application and relevance of academics better than CTE does."
-- Larry Stevenson, UACTE President
What is Career and Technical Education?
Career and Technical Education (CTE) has at its core and focus the task of providing students the opportunity to acquire skills that prepare them for successful career entry, achievement, and/or continuing their education. These skills should be transferable as well as job specific and basic to the student’s general education, ultimately providing them the foundation for life-long learning.
What CTE Does For Students:
- Gives students the specific skills needed for job-entry positions now, and broad transferable skills that offer flexiblity and choice in employment and education
- Helps students gain awareness of possible futures in high-skill, high-wage industries
- Expands students’ options for career pursuits
- Builds a cognitive base for post-secondary education
- Provides both school and work-based learning experiences
- Bridges the gap between education and the working world